Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
Get Your Ballot For Our June 8 ElectionPosted on 05/15/21
Our election is coming up! This is a vote-by-mail applications, and in order to participate you must request a ballot.
Request a Ballot by June 1
If you are a stakeholder* aged 14 and over wishing to vote in the Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council Election, you must request a neighborhood council ballot.
- Ballots will be mailed to you by request only.
- Each stakeholder is entitled to receive a ballot.
- Even if you are a registered voter, you must request a neighborhood council ballot to vote in the election.
- You may request a ballot whether or not you are a registered voter.
- Eligibility for general voter registration is not required for voting in a neighborhood council election.
Ballots may be requested between April 9 and June 1 in the following ways:
The latter method is simpler and is therefore recommended.
- Online through the Clerk’s application portal. To use the application portal, you will be prompted to set up an account on the site.
- By mailing in, emailing or faxing the application, which can be downloaded on the site.
If you need assistance please phone (213) 978-0444 or (888) 873-1000.
Documentation of eligibility will be required. While you do not have to submit documentation with the application form, you can expect the City Clerk to request your documentation.
If you do not receive a ballot and do not get confirmation that one is on the way, please phone the Clerk's office at (213) 978-0444 or (888) 873-1000
Stakeholders aged 14 and 15 will receive a ballot that includes only the At-Large Youth seat.
All stakeholders aged 16 and up will receive a ballot that includes the following seats:
All At-Large Seats
- Community Interest Seat
- General At Large Seats (2)
- Youth Seat
All non-residential Stakeholder seats
Residential stakeholders aged 16 and up in the following districts will also be able to vote on representation for their district:
- Public Educational Institutions Seat
- Commercial or Office Enterprise Seat
- Bel Air District Seat
- Bel Air Glen District Seat
- Franklin/Coldwater District Seat
- North of Sunset District Seats (2)
A map of these districts can be found here.
If you need assistance determining which seats should be on your ballot or if you think your ballot is incorrect, please contact BABCNC at [email protected]
or the Clerk’s office at [email protected]
. Members on the board cannot give advice on how to vote.
Returning Your Ballot
You may mail in your ballot
or drop it off at our drop box location
Mailed ballots must be postmarked by June 8.
Ballots may be dropped off at our designated drop box on the street in front of the Barrington Recreation Center, 333 South Barrington Avenue
at any time between Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:00 p.m.
* A stakeholder is defined as a person who lives, works, owns real property, or declares a stake in the neighborhood as a community interest stakeholder, defined as a person who affirms a substantial and ongoing participation with a community organization that has continuously maintained a physical street address for not less than one year, and that performs ongoing and verifiable activities and operations that benefit the neighborhood, and is located within the NC’s boundaries. A for-profit entity shall not qualify as a Community Organization.
This is what our drop box will look like: