Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
2021 Neighborhood Council ElectionsPosted on 11/20/20
This is our preliminary Election 2021 FAQ.
Our election is scheduled for June 8, 2021. On that day you may drop your ballot off at our designated drop box location during assigned hours. Otherwise you may mail it in.
You will receive a ballot only if you request one. You may request ballots beginning on April 9, and we will update this page with further information on how to do so.
All stake holders in the BABCNC area will be able to run and vote for the following seats:
- Public Educational Institutions (1 seat)
- Commercial or Office Enterprise Districts (1 seat)
- General Members-At-Large (2 seats)
- Member-At-Large, Community Interest (1 seat), non-exclusive
- Youth-At-Large (25 years old or less) (1 seat)
Stake holders in these specific areas may run for and vote on representation for their own area as well:
- Bel-Air District (2 seats)
- Bel-Air Glen District (1 seat)
- Franklin Canyon/Coldwater/Mulholland/Crest District (1 seat)
- North of Sunset District (2 seat)
Maps of these districts can be found on our internal boundary map
The candidate filing period for these seats is from February 2, 2021 - March 23, 2021. Beginning on February 2, you may register to run here
Candidates are needed who have a substantial connection with each of the following stakeholder groups and who wish to represent those groups on the Board.
- Private Educational Institutions: administrators, teachers; staff, students of 18 years of age, parents of current students; active alumni, trustees;
- Faith-Based Institutions: administrators, clergy, teachers, congregational members, staff;
- Custodians of Open Space: demonstrated history of proactive participation and/or support for the preservation and maintenance of open space
A community meet and greet, most likely virtual, for all candidates will be held prior to the election. Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years of age on the date of the Selection and have a substantial connection to the entity or institution whose interests are represented by the particular selected seat. Substantial connection is a subjective standard that will be determined on a case-by-case basis. However, the following examples should be a guide to provide further insight as to what constitutes a “substantial connection.”
Candidates should know the successful candidate will be determined by a vote of the current Board of the Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council present on the evening of the Selection in May, 2021, immediately following a town hall style meeting where each candidate will have the opportunity to present their qualifications and reasons for selection by the Board of the Council.
The candidate filing period for these seats is from February 2, 2021 - March 23, 2021, and information on registering your interest in serving in this capacity will be added to this page.
The following stakeholder groups have representatives that are elected through processes governed by those groups:
- Bel-Air Association
- Bel-Air Crest Master Association
- Bel-Air Hills Association
- Bel-Air Ridge HOA
- Benedict Canyon Association
- Doheny Sunset Plaza Neighborhood Association
- Casiano Estates HOA
- Laurel Canyon Association
- Holmby Hills HOA
- Residents of Beverly Glen
If you are a stakeholder in one of these areas and wish to serve on behalf of these groups, contact them to find out how their selection process works.
Important dates for the 2021 BABCNC Election:
Candidate Fililing Begins: February 6, 2021
Candidate Filing Ends: March 23, 2021
Certified List of Candidates Released: April 9, 2021
Vote-By-Mail Application Period Begins: April 9, 2021
Vote-By-Mail Applicatoin Period Ends: June 1, 2021
Election Day: June 8, 2021