The committee considers and makes recommendations regarding the operations and policies of the Department of Building and Safety. Members of the committee are:
Stella Grey, chair
Stephanie Savage, vice chair
Travis Longcore, ex officio
- To address inconsistencies in regulations and to minimize discretion in code interpretation by LADBS resulting in safe construction in our communities
- To improve communication between various City departments participating in project review
- To obtain code interpretations and clarifications where the codes are vague or misinterpreted
- To create a reliable and transparent communication channel between our committee and LADBS to address what we see as procedural deficiencies and to suggest possible improvements
- To advocate for legislative solutions to the above-mentioned issues.
The committe expires in December 2022 if not reauthorized by the Board.
The Ad Hoc Committee on LADBS Policies conducts its business by reviewing and prioritizing agenda requests for Board action (generally either in the form of a motion or letter) or announcements submitted by stakeholders, governmental entities and other interested individuals and organizations. The Administrative Committee has the discretion to postpone an request, refer it to a specific committee for review and recommendation, treat it as an announcement or consider and resolve it as a non-Board administrative matter.
CLICK HERE to fill out an Agenda Request.
If you would like to be notified of our meetings and receive agendas via email,
click here and sign up by checking the NC box.